Once part of the huge holdings of Frederick Rindge Jr., Latigo Shore Drive connects with Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) just north (or west) of Corral Canyon and runs roughly parallel to PCH toward the shore.
It was once part of the Roosevelt Highway, which was later re-routed and renamed to become PCH. Rindge built four houses along Latigo Shore Drive, one of which served as the exterior location for the 1945 film "Mildred Pierce." Today Latigo Shore Drive is home to the 104-unit Tivoli Cove Condominiums as well as ocean-view homes on both the beach- and land-side of the road. Southeast-facing and protected by Latigo Point, the beach may have tide pools at low tide. On a bluff beyond the end of Latigo Shore Drive is the Gulls Way compound, used extensively as a film and television location, later owned by Dick Clark, and today a favorite venue for weddings.