Fourth of July S'mores Dip
Celebrate this 4th of July with an easy but attention grabbing dessert!
- 20 marshmallows
- sprinkles in red, white, and blue
- butter or Crisco
- 9 x 9-inch square baking dish
- 2 cups chocolate chips (semi-sweet, milk, or dark chocolate)
- graham crackers or pretzels for serving
- First, prepare the marshmallows. Have ready a baking tray lined with wax paper, marshmallows, toothpicks, a paper towel, and the sprinkles. Skewer a marshmallow with a toothpick, submerge it totally in water quickly, dab on the paper towel, hold over a bowl and cover completely with blue sprinkles (both the top and bottom, too). Prepare five blue marshmallows. (If any part of the tops are missing sprinkles, just add some with your fingers.) Repeat with the white and red sprinkles, making eight white and seven red. Let dry at least twenty minutes. Grease some kitchen scissors with butter or Crisco and cut each marshmallow in half, wiping the blades clean between colors.
- Next, prepare the s'mores. Grease the baking dish with butter or Crisco. Pour the chocolate chips evenly in the dish. Top with the marshmallows, cut-side down. Arrange 9 blue halves in the top corner. Arrange stripes of red and white, 3 red marshmallow halves, 3 white, 3 red, 6 white, 6 red, and 6 white. You should have a couple halves leftover.
- Bake in the oven at 450 degrees F for 7 to 9 minutes, just until the tops of the marshmallows start to brown. Serve with graham crackers and/or pretzels and enjoy!! Best served warm.